- Where is Arbutus' stock listed?
- Common shares of Arbutus are listed on the NASDAQ under the symbol ABUS.
- How many Arbutus' shares are issued and outstanding?
- Refer to our latest filed financial statements on Form 10-K (annual) or Form 10-Q (quarterly) for the latest available share information.
- When is Arbutus' fiscal year end?
- Arbutus’ fiscal year end is December 31st.
- When is Arbutus' AGM?
- Arbutus Biopharma’s AGM will be held on May 21, 2020.
- Who is Arbutus' transfer agent and registrar?
- Arbutus’ transfer agent and registrar is:
AST Trust Company (Canada)
1066 West Hastings Street
Vancouver, BC V6E 3X1
All communication concerning transfer requirements, lost share certificates, change of address and other related matters should be directed to the transfer agent and registrar.
- Who are Arbutus' auditors?
- Arbutus’ auditors are:
Ernst & Young LLP
- When was the company name changed to Arbutus Biopharma?
- Effective August 3, 2015, Tekmira Pharmaceuticals Corporation changed its corporate name to Arbutus Biopharma Corporation (“Arbutus”, ticker symbol “ABUS”), an industry-leading therapeutic solutions company focused on developing a cure for chronic hepatitis B virus infection (HBV). The name change affirms the successful integration of OnCore BioPharma and Tekmira Pharmaceuticals into a combined company with the goal of delivering a cure for chronic HBV. The combined entity currently fields the largest portfolio of HBV product candidates in the industry and is led by an experienced and proven leadership team.
- Is Arbutus Biopharma deemed to be a passive foreign investment company ("PFIC")
- Arbutus believes it should not be classified as a PFIC for the taxable year beginning on January 1, 2017 and ending on December 31, 2017 and the previous taxable year beginning on January 1, 2016 and ending on December 31, 2016.
Arbutus will make available, upon request, a PFIC Annual Information statement for any U.S. shareholder that has previously made a qualified electing fund (“QEF”) election and requires this information to complete its IRS Form 8621. The 2017 PFIC Annual Information statement will be available by March 15, 2018.
Shareholder are urged to consult their own tax advisors concerning the overall tax consequences of the ownership of Arbutus shares arising in their own particular situations under United States Federal, State, Local or Foreign law.
Voluntary Delist from the TSX
- What does voluntary delisting from the TSX mean?
- Tekmira applied to the Toronto Stock Exchange (“TSX”) in to voluntarily delist its shares from the TSX, which became effective on March 3, 2015. Upon the effective date of delisting, the company's shares are no longer traded on this exchange. Tekmira subsequently became Arbutus Biopharma Inc. (NASDAQ: ABUS).
- Why has Tekmira made the decision to voluntary delist?
- The Company believes the limited trading volume of its shares on the TSX no longer justifies the expense and administrative complexity of maintaining a dual listing. The company's primary market for its shares will remain the NASDAQ.
- If I hold Tekmira common shares that were traded on the TSX, what do I have to do?
- No action is required. Tekmira’s common shares which were listed on the TSX are the same shares as those listed on the NASDAQ and you may trade the common shares on the NASDAQ exchange.
- Once the stock is delisted on the TSX will I retain the same number of shares?
- Yes, you will retain the same number of shares.
- Does the delisting impact the trading of Tekmira's common shares on the NASDAQ?
- No. Tekmira’s common shares continue to be listed and traded on the NASDAQ under the symbol of “TKMR.”
- How do I buy or sell common shares of Tekmira?
- Tekmira’s common shares can be purchased and sold on the NASDAQ. Most brokers in Canada maintain ready access to the NASDAQ exchange to support you in this.
- What if my broker cannot trade on the NASDAQ?
- We understand that most brokers in Canada, including most discount brokers, have the ability to buy and sell securities listed on the NASDAQ. If your broker is unable to trade on the NASDAQ in order to trade your Tekmira common shares you will need to open an account at a broker that is able to trade on NASDAQ.
- I purchased the shares in Canadian dollars. Will the new shares be valued in US dollars?
- Your shares will trade on the NASDAQ in US dollars, and if your account trades in a Canadian trading account, the value of your shares will be converted into Canadian dollars.